Zach is joined by an all-star teaching team from the International School of Kenya to continue the discussion on metacognition and reflection, in particular focusing on several of the incredible tools this team has developed for implementing metacognitive and reflective routines in their classes.
MCP Podcast Episode 117: Metacognition and Reflection Pt. 1 (with Lydia Crush)
The CAR Guide (Choose, Act, Reflect)
Designing PBL to Reduce Cognitive Load (from John Spencer’s Creative Classroom podcast)
Youth by Youth (the basis for Amy’s Metacognitive 360)
MCP Podcast Episodes on Collaboration:
The Collaboration Bank:
Episodes of the MCP Podcast with Shane Donovan:
Contact us, follow us online, and learn more:
- Email us questions and feedback at: email@example.com
- Send us an audio note and we'll include it on a future episode!
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj (remember you can tweet us questions by using the hashtag #askMCP)
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Toni Rose: @classroomflex on Twitter and Instagram
- The Modern Classroom Project
- Modern Classrooms Online Course
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!