Collaboration Pt. 1 - Planning for Collaboration in a Modern Classroom
November 1st, 2020
46 mins 54 secs
About this Episode
In episode 10, we begin a two-episode series on collaboration; this week's episode focuses on pre-planned full group activities like labs and seminars, and we discuss ways teachers can manage these collaborative activities in a self-paced, mastery based class.
Please remember to take our Modern Classrooms Educator Survey by 11/15/2020!
Sign up for Office Hours, every Tuesday with Modern Classrooms
Guide to collaboration in a Modern Classroom
Edutopia video featuring Kate and Kareem Farah
Tech tools we mention:
- Parlay Ideas and our tutorial
- Remind and our tutorial
- More resources for distance learning from Modern Classrooms
Daily Do Now check-in (tailored for distance learning through Google Forms)
Emily refers this in the episode as the "weather check Do Now"
Resources for Student Input in Teacher-Created Groups
Example of a breakout-room deliverable
Sign up for our November 12th Webinar on Collaboration in a Modern Classroom
Follow us online and learn more:
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Kate: @gaskill_teacher on Twitter
- Zach: @zpdiamond on Twitter
- [The Modern Classroom Project](www.modernclassrooms.org)
- [Modern Classrooms Online Course](learn.modernclassrooms.org)
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!