This week, Zach is joined by Andrea Mahr, Beth Benavides, and John Tyler to address six common misconceptions about self pacing and self-paced classes.
Outline and Show Notes
- Get to know Andrea, Beth, and John
- Andrea and Beth's previous MCP Podcast episode: Elementary Math
- Kareem on the Cult of Pedagogy podcast
- Misconception: Self-paced classes have no deadlines
- Misconception: Kids do whatever they want in self-paced classes
- Misconception: Teachers don't teach in self-paced classes
- Misconception: Self-paced classes never have any full-group collaborative activities
- Misconception: Students lack the skills to self pace effectively
- Misconception: Students can never collaborate since they're working on different things
- Connect with Andrea, Beth, and John
Contact us, follow us online, and learn more:
- Email us questions and feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us an audio note and we'll include it on a future episode!
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj (remember you can tweet us questions by using the hashtag #askMCP)
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Toni Rose: @classroomflex on Twitter and Instagram
- The Modern Classroom Project
- Modern Classrooms Online Course
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!