Toni Rose is joined by Rebecca Mason and Paul O'Donoghue to talk about how self pacing has impacted their approaches to teaching as well as their students approaches to learning, and their learning outcomes.
Outline and Show Notes
- Meet Rebecca and Paul
- What does self pacing look like in Rebecca and Paul's classes?
- MCP Podcast Episode 87 - Troubleshooting Self Pacing (with Charlie Moynahan, who mentions the "human" aspect and the "procedural" aspect of self pacing)
- Revisions Paul and Rebecca made to self pacing in their classes
- How self pacing has affected Rebecca's unique student population
- How self pacing has affected Paul's approach to teaching and learning
- Feedback from students on how self pacing has impacted their learning
- Data showing the impact of self pacing
- One piece of advice from Rebecca and Paul
- Rebecca and Paul's goals for the end of the year and beyond
- Connect with Rebecca and Paul
- Paul's Venmo for his student snack cabinet: paulod33
Contact us, follow us online, and learn more:
- Email us questions and feedback at: email@example.com
- Send us an audio note and we'll include it on a future episode!
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj (remember you can tweet us questions by using the hashtag #askMCP)
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Toni Rose: @classroomflex on Twitter and Instagram
- The Modern Classroom Project
- Modern Classrooms Online Course
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!