Self-regulated students are strong learners that are more equipped to navigate the challenges of life outside K-12 education. Kareem and Zach are joined by Moira Mazzi to talk about how they use the Modern Classrooms model to develop self-regulated learners both in-person and remotely.
Follow us online and learn more:
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Kate: @gaskill_teacher on Twitter
- Zach: @zpdiamond on Twitter
- [The Modern Classroom Project](www.modernclassrooms.org)
- [Modern Classrooms Online Course](learn.modernclassrooms.org)
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!
The Lecture-Less Classroom: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Student Autonomy by Modern Classrooms educator and podcast guest Moira Mazzi
How to Help Middle School Students Learn to Work Independently by Modern Classrooms educator Ryan Steinbach
Helping Students Develop Executive Functioning Skills from Edutopia
Reflections on Shifting to a Flexible Classroom from Edutopia
Moira, our guest, referenced a few items from her classroom she uses to help build self-regulation in her students:
- This is her weekly reflection
- This is how she presented choosing a partner/accountability buddy to her students
What do Modern Classrooms units look like K-12? Check out examples here.
Here are the two tools mentioned for staying in touch with students and families: