Trauma-Informed Teaching in a Modern Classroom
December 20th, 2020
54 mins 8 secs
About this Episode
What can Modern Classroom educators do to help students who have experienced trauma? This week, we discuss concrete strategies you can use to make students feel safe, strengthen memory, and build self-regulation skills.
You can still apply to be a Distinguished Modern Classroom Educator!
Comprehensive guide to trauma-informed teaching in a Modern Classroom
Modern Classrooms Project webinar on trauma-informed teaching
Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE's) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Follow us online and learn more:
Remember, you can submit questions for us here or tweet at us with #askmcp and we may answer your question on a future episode!
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Kate: @gaskill_teacher on Twitter
- Zach: @zpdiamond on Twitter and Learning to Teach
- [The Modern Classroom Project](www.modernclassrooms.org)
- [Modern Classrooms Online Course](learn.modernclassrooms.org)
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!