Toni Rose is joined by Brandy Netherton and Pierce Woodward talk about how they use the model to facilitate the work they do in their (very different) non-traditional school settings.
Outline and Show Notes
- Meet Brandy and Pierce
- The Edutopia video (plus MCP's new, elementary-focused Edutopia video)
- Brandy and Pierce's non-traditional teaching contexts
- Massachusetts Innovation Schools
- Google Voice
- Self pacing in non-traditional settings
- Celebrations and challenges of self pacing
- How students are responding to self pacing
- Brandy's automated solutions for keeping track of her 200+ students
- Pierce's strategies for motivating his students
- One tip for teachers in non-traditional settings
- Get in touch with Brandy and Pierce
Contact us, follow us online, and learn more:
- Email us questions and feedback at: email@example.com
- Send us an audio note and we'll include it on a future episode!
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj (remember you can tweet us questions by using the hashtag #askMCP)
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Toni Rose: @classroomflex on Twitter and Instagram
- The Modern Classroom Project
- Modern Classrooms Online Course
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!