Toni Rose is joined by Jamilah Pitts to discuss the value of authentic self care and the importance teacher wellness and wellbeing in building a movement toward educational change.
Read a summary of this episode on the Modern Classrooms Project blog
MCP Meetups and Workshops:
Preorder Jamilah's upcoming book Toward Liberation: Educational Practices in Activism, Healing, and Love
Learning for Justice (formerly Teaching for Tolerance)
The Body Keeps the Score - Bessel Van Der Kolk
A Talk to Teachers - James Baldwin
Contact us, follow us online, and learn more:
- Email us questions and feedback at: email@example.com
- Send us an audio note and we'll include it on a future episode!
- Modern Classrooms: @modernclassproj on Twitter and facebook.com/modernclassproj (remember you can tweet us questions by using the hashtag #askMCP)
- Kareem: @kareemfarah23 on Twitter
- Toni Rose: @classroomflex on Twitter and Instagram
- The Modern Classroom Project
- Modern Classrooms Online Course
- Take our free online course, or sign up for our mentorship program to receive personalized guidance from a Modern Classrooms mentor as you implement your own modern classroom!